10/19/2008

halloween ice cream... and a treasured gift from a friend

Fall is truly my favorite time of year, and my love for all things pumpkin is most definitely in full swing! A couple of weeks ago, my friend Tommi, who loves both ice cream and Halloween as much as I do, introduced me to pumpkin ice cream... and oh my gosh, it's so good! It's full of yummy pumpkin flavor, with cinnamon and nutmeg... and since it's not feeling much like autumn here in LA just yet, it's the perfect October treat...
I also want to share this painting a friend gave me a couple of years ago... I still love it like I just saw it for the first time today! It was painted by my friend Marisa of Creative Thursday, and I have to say that each time I look at it, I silently check in with myself to see if I'm feeling "...at ease"... wise words indeed! Drop by her website and blog when you have a chance... her work is so sweet and uplifting and fun... just like Marisa herself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Karin :)
I am checking in with myself right too ~ if I'm "feeling at ease" ~
and the pumpkin ice cream looks DELICIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

ooops ~ I'm checking in with myself, but not on my blog post comments ~ I meant to say "I am checking in with myself right NOW too" :)

and I think I might just be feeling at ease!

xoxo
m