8/01/2008

waffle, shake & giggle


My goodness it's been an odd week. And not just because of the earthquake... though it was quite out of the ordinary! I'm never really in tall buildings but as it happens, that's where I was Tuesday morning when it hit. We were at The Waffle, a fancy-pants "LA" version of Waffle House, which is in the bottom of the House of Blues tower on Sunset. What's funny is that there were some guys on a crane just outside the front of the building pruning a tree and at first, I thought the crane had malfunctioned... but wait... nope, that's an earthquake! It only lasted a few minutes, but really freaked everybody out. Honestly, we couldn't decide if we should have gotten up and done something... ya know, like get the heck out of there. You can't really run outside screaming like a banshi cause you'd get hit by all the falling glass and debris... so what then? Turns out that if you're in a tall building such as this and a building-shaking earthquake hits, what would happen is that the building would literally snap in half... so the people in the top half of the building would be most in danger. Who knew. Of course if you're in an earthquake, you do need to position yourself either in a doorway or under a table... I just made the mistake of assuming that being on the ground floor meant doom... ya learn something new every day, don't ya?! Just thought I'd share that in case you're ever in a similar situation... which, of course, I hope you're not!

I also wanted to share some of these photo booth photos from my friend Whitney's birthday party... they make me giggle! (...especially "the belly!")

...have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Tara said...

That sounds scary! Glad to hear you and everyone else are ok though. I just wanted to tell you that I love your spoon designs. They're so beautiful. I also wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award.