6/06/2008

strawberry fields

I love strawberries and really, there were so many things pressing on my psyche that led me to this design. First of all, of course, the Beatles. No mystery there. "Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about" has been running through my brain lately. Second, the jam. Not 'The Jam' as in Paul Weller's Jam, but actual jam... though I am quite partial to the former. The jam I'm referring to is the honest to goodness real thing... every year 'round this time, my mom make this outrageously delicious homemade strawberry jam... it's soooo good and thankfully, I get some every year for my birthday. I've been eating it every day since it arrived, so it's no wonder I'm making strawberry pendants! And last but not least, I wanted to make a necklace just like Astrid's...


Pretty hard to resist, right?!

No comments: