5/03/2008

the window


What if one day, things just opened up? I'd heard that question many times in the past but with all that's going on with me at the moment, it has come back around again. It popped into my head this morning when I remembered the window. My driver's-side window has been stuck for the longest time... my theory is that one of those promo cards that they stick on your car, the ones for house cleaning or yard services or palm reading, one of those had slid down inside the window and caused the jam-up. At least that's my theory. Anyway, it was particularly annoying on trips to the post office.... I would have to open my door to drop a letter... or if someone asked directions I would have to act out the "I can't roll down my window" thing, which was so silly! I was annoyed, but I wouldn't do anything about it because I just knew it would be expensive to have fixed - I just kept hearing "they'll have to take the whole door apart" run through my head. But yesterday... yesterday I was talking to Tara about all my clearing out projects, telling her about the new sense of clarity that had set in. And when I got in my car to leave, I was feeling - well, hot - but also like I was just going to give it a try... and down it went.

In the past I would have sat in that moment stunned, ears buzzing. But I found I wasn't surprised... I think I just accepted it... but how cool?! A little gift to show me that things are opening up and the fresh air is pouring in.

1 comment:

Siavash G. said...

Thing are just opened already! Look around, can ya see it?