11/04/2008

the cutest nerd in the world... and oh, please vote!

Isn't she the cutest nerd you've ever seen?! Halloween week was so much fun this year - lots of time spent with friends, lots of candy and costumes - and a whole week full of visits to the Magic Castle in Hollywood. My favorite moments include performances by Rob Zabrecky in the Close-Up Gallery...

...and The MuMs in The Palace of Mystery - amazing. We actually won the "Funniest Costume" prize on Saturday for our "battered nerds" (see Tommi's nerd above... cute even with a black eye!). We all agreed our costumes were good because the nerd part wasn't too much of a stretch - haha! It was really great to just have fun and not care about how goofy and uncool we were...

Hope you all had a good time over the weekend... so sad it's over.... but happy to be back to reality and voting today! It was my first time voting in California, and I have to say it was truly a magical experience. My polling place is within walking distance, and the walk there just felt special... the air was so clear after the rain and all my neighbors were out - some I knew and some I didn't, but there was a unique sense of unity and freedom in the air that I just haven't experienced before. I'm so happy to be able to vote... especially at this crucial point in the history of our country. Please don't forget to vote today!

No comments: