7/01/2008

two phillips and a coronet


Hello! We went to two shows at the new Largo at the Coronet Theater in West Hollywood over the "weekend", Sam Phillips on Thursday and my friend Grant-Lee Phillips (no relation to Sam) on Saturday night. It was my first visit to Largo at the Coronet, which is larger than the old place on Fairfax and a lot more fancy... gone are the intimate tables w/ candlelight - and food and drink - but it's really beautiful in an old Hollywood-type of way and sort of reminds me of The Silent Movie Theater. Sam Phillips was great - I enjoyed The Section Quartet who opened, as well as the songs from her new CD - and Grant was charming, funny, and wonderful as always....

I've been painting the studio so stay tuned for photos ...and some new pendant designs! Have yourself a lovely evening!

(photos: samphillipsmusic.com and grantleephillips.com)

1 comment:

lily said...

i love sam phillips!