5/28/2008

a little get together with elvis and the police


Continuing the fanfare and hoopla of my birthday week, we went to a little get together last night at a friend's house in the Hollywood hills. The house itself is really amazing but part of what's so cool about it is that it's situated right above the Hollywood Bowl, and you can watch whatever's going on at the bowl from a little platform on the side of his house. I know, it's crazy, right?! It won't last forever because eventually someone's going to build there but as it is now, it's pretty fantastic. And the acoustics are amazing - it sounds like you're actually at the Hollywood Bowl. So last night the show was Elvis Costello and The Police, and it was really a treat... I'm an Elvis fan and I've seen him many times, but this was my first time seeing The Police. I loved the first few Police records but I'm not really a fan of Sting's jazzy stuff so the older songs that didn't get too jazzed up were cool. The get together was so much fun... lots of good friends, music, food and drinks - what could be better?! And it was fun just to see things from a different perspective, and be reminded that there are all kinds of ways to take in the fun of life...

No comments: