5/05/2008

in quiet... a house fire


Yesterday was a quiet day, and I spent most of it on my studio reorganization project. There was a box in my studio, I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this, but there was a box there that I hadn't unpacked since my move here, stuff I'd packed-up in 2004. And being that it's now 2008... well, it was time to open it up! So I opened the box and it was full of interesting stuff... old journals and things from the past. And there was something in the box that made me giggle... it was this invitation to a mortgage burning party from my dear friend Dorian. She had finally paid-off her house and was over the moon with joy! It's really funny, and says so much about her... I love it! The inside says,"wear a spring hat, bring a quote for exuberant living, and be prepared to share and burn a burden from the past"... and we did, eventhough the house filled-up with smoke!

I've also posted a painting that was a gift from an artist/friend/former neighbor of mine, Diane Kilgore Condon. She started The Art Bomb, a really cool artists' studio in my hometown. It wasn't in the box... it's been hanging on my wall since I got here, but it definitely depicts this burn and renew theme I've got going on. I really love her 3-dimensional pieces like this one, which is called "Urban Renewal". She gave it to me in 2004, while I was clearing out and packing-up to move here...


Happy Monday!

No comments: